Leveraging a patient-centric engagement strategy is key to helping patients be champions of their own health and participate in shared decision-making.
Phreesia surveyed more than 12,000 patients about patient-centric approaches to care and more than 7,000 patients about their conversations with healthcare providers to better understand their perceptions around managing their health. View the key data insights in this infographic.
Click the image to view the full-sized infographic.
4 reasons why patient-centric messaging is essential
Patient-centric messaging puts patients’ perspectives, needs and experiences top of mind.
To better understand how patients feel about their interactions with healthcare, Phreesia conducted a series of surveys in late 2020. We surveyed more than 12,000 patients about patient-centric approaches to care. We also surveyed more than 7,000 patients about their conversations with healthcare providers.
Patients want to be heard
When it comes to managing their health, patients want to participate in shared decision-making.
- 65%—are confident managing their health
- 79%—are satisfied with the conversations they have had about their health
- 87%—feel comfortable in the conversations with their HCPs
They feel comfortable when they:
- Feel like their provider listens
- Know their provider thinks about their whole health, beyond a list of symptoms
Patients feel capable and empowered
Patients can and want to be champions of their own health. In any patient-centric strategy, providing patients with tools to further empower them in their healthcare decisions is essential.
- 62%—understand their family history for risks
- 61%—change their diet or exercise
- 50%—access health records or patient portals online
Patients want their providers to think about their whole health
Patients think of and discuss their health holistically, regardless of where they are seeking care. They expect HCPs to take part in a “big picture” mindset as well.
- 81%—want their doctors to understand their complete health
- 76%—discuss all of their health conditions with all their HCPs
- 50%—discuss all of their medications, even when the provider is not the prescriber
Patients act quickly to ensure they address health concerns and needs
When patients are in a healthcare state of mind, they are actively engaged in their care. Tailored messaging that resonates with a patient in one office will likely have staying power as they move through their healthcare journey.
- 75%—are very confident that they will be able to schedule an appointment with the correct doctor for their needs
- 82%—plan to schedule an appointment within one week to see a doctor after getting a referral
- 49%—plan to schedule within 1-2 days
Find out how Phreesia can help you reach clinically relevant audiences and activate the right patients just before their medical appointments.
Activate patients in the moments that matter
Phreesia can bring your message to the right patients and empower them to participate in their treatment decisions